168E Closure Due To Flooding 8/1

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

168E Closure Due To Flooding 8/1

Post by maverick »

Caltrans & Inyo NF:
STATE ROUTE 168E (WESTGARD PASS) ROAD CLOSURE DUE TO FLOODING
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) would like to inform the traveling public that State Route 168E (Westgard Pass) is closed from Death Valley Road to the junction at State Route 266 due to heavy flooding.
The traveling public is advised to use alternate routes and proceed cautiously when driving through mountainous areas.

This affects access to the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest. Be safe out there.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

168E Closure Due To Flooding Update 8/2

Post by maverick »

Inyo Co Sheriff's Dept:
Hwy 168 (Westgard Pass) is now closed from White Mountain Road to the junction at Nevada State Route 266.
The Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest Visitor Center will remain closed today. However, this allows visitors to access the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest, Schulman Grove, Patriarch Grove, etc.
Please travel safe today, especially on dirt and OHV roads that may have also received storm damage.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org