Transport From Fresno to Edison Lake/Florence Lake

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
sourdough
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Transport From Fresno to Edison Lake/Florence Lake

Post by sourdough »

A buddy and I are doing the JMT, but we have a party of 5 flying into Fresno on August 27th and meeting us later that day at Edison Lake. From there they join us until MTR and hike out to Florence and then back to Fresno on or about September 3. Our challenge is transportation for these folks. Any suggestions?
"I saw Jesus walking the JMT back in '66 and haven't been the same ever since"
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

If it were me, I would rent a car at the airport and drive to Edison Lake. It's pretty easy to solicit a ride from someone at Florence. One of you could get a ride to Edison to pick the car up (or at least to the Edison/Florence junction). The drive between the two is pretty short. I've given a ride to someone who's done it this way.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix