Lakes Basin Road Closing 11/3

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Lakes Basin Road Closing 11/3

Post by maverick »

Inyo NF:
The Lakes Basin Rd. is closing for the season on Friday, November 3 at 3 p.m. This is in the advance of the significant storm in the forecast. The Old Mammoth Rd. to the Lakes Basin will close on Friday, November 3 at 3:00 p.m. and managers will re-evaluate the closure after the storm.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Lakes Basin Road Reopening 11/6

Post by maverick »

Inyo NF:
The Lakes Basin Rd. and the Old Mammoth Rd. to the Lakes Basin will open at noon today. Travelers should plan for icy conditions, although less snow fell than was forecast. Rangers will continue to monitor the upcoming storms and the roads may close again necessary. Travel safe!
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org