Recommended Eastern Sierra / Yosemite hiker shuttle service

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
steve_moran
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Recommended Eastern Sierra / Yosemite hiker shuttle service

Post by steve_moran »

I highly recommend Sierra Shuttle Service in Mammoth Lakes, https://www.sierrashuttleservice.com/home.html, 760-914-2746. Owner/operator is Robert Brence, who when not shuttling hikers/bikers/skiers/fishermen spends much of his time doing these same outdoor activities.

More important, he is very professional, reliable, and prompt. When you make plans to meet him at a certain time and place, you can be sure when you arrive he will already be there, even if you are early.

It's important also that he has gone through all the red tape and approval processes and so has received all necessary permits, licenses, etc. from the State of CA, Inyo NF, and Yosemite NP that are required to operate a hiker shuttle business with the approval of the powers that be.

I recently used his services to be able to do Sabrina TH --> Tyee TH as a one-way day hike, and also to start and finish a day hike to Horton Lake at the actual TH, which his Toyota 4Runner was slowly but easily able to reach, whereas my Toyota Corolla would've had to stop so far from the TH that the total hike distance would be longer than I attempt these days (65 with mobility issues).

Based on how positive my experience with him was these 3 times (Horton was a drop-off AND a pick-up), I can recommend him with no hesitation whatsoever.

Steve