Hitchhiking Florence Lake to Bear Dam Junction Trailhead

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!
Big Ed
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Hitchhiking Florence Lake to Bear Dam Junction Trailhead

Post by Big Ed »

One year I did Wishon to Yosemite Valley. I walked from Florence to Edison on the road, and did the rest on trails. I got a ride very quickly after leaving Florence, a rancher couple offered. Because they were going down to Fresno, they only took me to the Y. I walked the remaining seven miles to Edison without any offers. I didn't try to get a ride either. I would have accepted, but didn't want to put anyone out of their comfort zone. This was late July 07.

What are you calling the Dam cutoff? The dam itself? There's a Bear Creek Cutoff trail right before Edison Dam, that's the only trailhead with cutoff in the title.
sctopdx
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by sctopdx »

Yes I was considering the Bear creek OHV road the dam cutoff. Thx for the info
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

If you are on Facebook you might ask on the VVR page. Some pretty helpful foks on there.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
sctopdx
Topix Novice

Post by sctopdx »

thanks