Getting to Cottonwood Pass from Sonora Pass | High Sierra Topix  

Getting to Cottonwood Pass from Sonora Pass

All discussion related to transportation to, from and within the Sierra Nevada. Need directions or flight information? Info on road conditions? A ride to the trail head? Can you offer a ride, or do you run a transportation business or shuttle service for the Sierra Nevada? Come on in and post the details!

Getting to Cottonwood Pass from Sonora Pass

Postby Badman » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:16 pm

My wife and I are doing a pct section from Cottonwwod to Sonora this August. Suggestions for transportation? I think I would like to leave my vehicle at Cottonwood and find my way back there at the end of the hike. I know about the ESTA and the shuttle services out of Independence and Lone Pine to get to Cottonwood. What I do not have figured out is how to get to Bridgeport from Sonora. I am not sure mid 50's stinky hiking couple would be picked up on 108 and 395. Suggestions??? Other ideas?
Thanks.

Badman
Topix Newbie

Experience: N/A

Re: Getting to Cottonwood Pass from Sonora Pass

Postby maverick » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:23 am

No public transportation options, there are some shuttle services but don't
know whether they cover that area, and they would be expensive:
http://www.climber.org/data/shuttles.html Personally I would hitch a
ride, have done it from Whitney to Tuolumne before and it did not take to long.
Make a sign with your destination on it, and also include, "will pay for gas costs"
on it.
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to Transportation To & From