Water Filters

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
Ashery
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Water Filters

Post by Ashery »

sambieni wrote:Ashery - Backcountryedge.com is as good if not better than REI's.. And way smaller "mom and pop." 1 year returns; no question similar to REI. Free shipping. No tax. Plus almost always can get a 20% off online coupon. And their phone customer service rocks in addition to their online product videos. Really like this place.
Good to know! Particularly since I need to bite the bullet and get some new shoes/boots soon.
Goat
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Goat »

My wife and I only carried small 0.5 oz dropper bottles of Aquamira on the SHR section we did last year. We really only used it on the JMT portion, everything else was straight from the source. While not always possible, I enjoy the process of searching out good water.
Lumbergh21
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by Lumbergh21 »

The only time I've had a problem with the O-ring on my Sawyer Mini was when I replaced the bag it came with with a 1L bag from another company (can't remember the brand). The O-ring would come out of the filter and stay with the bag or get collapsed away from the threads resulting in some leakage. Since I went back to using the less than ideal bags (IMO) that the filter comes with, no O-ring problems.