What would you do?? Backpack question??

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
xNateX
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: What would you do?? Backpack question??

Post by xNateX »

Flux,

I too am walking in your shoes. I have a Argon 85, purchased when I was a newbie with a non-existent knowledge and experience base. With time and money, I've trimmed considerable weight and volume from the stuff I carry and have only the pack left to work on.

Except that the comfort level is supreme (an oxymoron on seemingly endless switchbacks, grueling passes, and lots of "lightweight" gear that add up to make a mockery of the label). It's comforting to know that's as good as it gets.

In retrospect, if my particular circumstances didn't allow me to use my backpack in lieu of a suitcase, the only thing different I would have done is to go slightly smaller with the Argon 70. Fortunately, I don't have to worry whether in due time I'll have room for the Flytpacker raft, Alpaca raft, or even a Baylee SB whitewater raft.

I ain't getting rid of my pack. I reckon I'll just have to hike to the beat of my own drum.