Bear Paw Wilderness Designs

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
Hetchy
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Bear Paw Wilderness Designs

Post by Hetchy »

Hey all Y'all! :D
It's gonna be spring soon and then the summer sun is gonna set everone loose on the trails.. and then the bugs come!
Anyhow i just found a great bug bivy tent design built right here in America. It's a small company but they have really great designs and the price for a no-see-um mesh top/ sil nylon bottom minimalist bivy with your choice of zippered entry is the best thing going at $75.
The regular minimalist is only 8 ounces.
Here is the Minimalist 1 with left zip:

Anyhow I just wanted to spread the word. I just bought one of their minimalist bivies to use with my patrol shelter shaped tarp. It's rare to find American made stuff any more so heres the link:
http://bearpawwd.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I will be sure to follow up with an extensive review once i get this piece of gear. I plan on using it the whole 2,175 miles on the AT first as a ground sheet, then as the bugs and ticks come out as a bug bivy.
See.. American ingenuity and manufacturing ain't dead yet! :soapbox: :rock: :partyman:
You can make more money, but you can't make more time.
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Bear Paw Wilderness Designs

Post by hikerduane »

Thanks Hetchy, a shelter from elsewhere and you're set.

Your old stove worked great a few weeks ago snow camping.
Piece of cake.
Hetchy
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Bear Paw Wilderness Designs

Post by Hetchy »

I am so glad you are using that XGK! It deserved a better life than to be buried in a box in my closet.
Funny thing about those stoves.. you never forget what they sound like!

Yea this bug bivy/ground sheet is going to compliment my shaped tarp. It's also really cool to support a cottage industry American made buisiness.
It is interesting how more of them seem to be springing up these days.
Anyhow I have a surprise regarding my shelter system.. I will post it all here soon when it's ready. (he said knowingly with a grin :D )
You can make more money, but you can't make more time.