Sleeping Bag

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
canoer
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Sleeping Bag

Post by canoer »

Hey fellow adventurers!

I am going on a 2 month long canoe trip, and am in dire need of a new sleeping bag. I need one that is ultra lightweight and doesn't take up to much room when packed into a dry sac. I am 5'8 and 150 lbs. Any good suggestions?? Oh, and I am willing to spend at most $200.
Thanks for the info!
hwy395lvrz
Topix Acquainted

Re: Sleeping Bag

Post by hwy395lvrz »

I'm assuming you'll want a synthetic fill bag if moisture will be a constant threat on your trip.I would look into Mountain Hardwear bags,the Lamina series,with its ThermicMicro insulation.My son has the discontinued Switch 20 Long bag and I was surprised at how well it compressed.Not as light as my down bag but packed down to about the same size.I think the Lamina series comes in several temperature ranges and are reasonable @ 140-160 range.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Re: Sleeping Bag

Post by gary c. »

You don't say what kind of a temperature rating you are looking for but Eastern Mountain Sports is haveing a sale but it ends today (Sunday).

Here is a link to some of there Mountain Hardwear bags that are in your price range.
http://www.ems.com/family/index.jsp?cat ... n+Hardwear
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray