What's wrong with Steep and Cheap lately?

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
rayfound
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

What's wrong with Steep and Cheap lately?

Post by rayfound »

Seems like nothing but Luggage(like airport luggage... I mean, sure its DAKINE brand... but that doesn't make it outdoors gear), sunglasses, and $300 jackets for the last week or more.

My interest is fading...
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: What's wrong with Steep and Cheap lately?

Post by ERIC »

+1
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Re: What's wrong with Steep and Cheap lately?

Post by gary c. »

I agree with you about the items that have been on there lately but I think it's kind of a seasonal thing. They usually have stuff as the seaons for it is ending or newer modles are commimg out. Although, I was very happy when I got to buy a Marmot down jacket for the wife a few weeks ago for $64. Here is a link you might be interested in. Click on and go to SAC Alerts and register. When you are logged in open up "wish list". From there you can view everything that has been on S&C over the last 24hrs and put a watch on anything you are interested in. They will notify you when the item comes up again. It really helps getting that item that you keep missing.
Gary C.

http://www.sacalerts.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray