WM bag

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
markskor
Founding Member - RIP
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

WM bag

Post by markskor »

Well, as the season draws close and trips take shape, I thought it a good time to upgrade some gear...as if I needed anything.
This season's latest addition (also got Black Diamond poles too) is a Western Mountaineering Badger 850 down bag...found on sale for $325. Ever since I had my old WM bag "borrowed" from my tent at Sunnyside Campground, I have been looking to get another.
I have tried a few other bags but came to the conclusion that you cannot do better than a WM bag...especially after having one for years.
Just don't tell the wife.
Mountainman who swims with trout
hikerduane
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: WM bag

Post by hikerduane »

Wow, good deal. That's cheaper then my WM Apache 15 degree bag was.

It's amazing what enough calories do. Over New Year's, I slept in the back of my pickup outside Yosemite by a CalTrans sand house. It was only 25 overnight, but I was cold in my bag the last couple hours, but the next night by Dewey Point, it got down to around 15 and I was toastie. A lot of calories in the wine I guess.:)

I bought a new SMD Starlite pack to replace my ripped up Golite Gust, I need a few more things for a trip to AK in Aug. still, maps, hat, gaiters, more $$$.:) At least my plane ticket is paid for already.
Piece of cake.