Solar Chargers

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
HikingGeek.com
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Solar Chargers

Post by HikingGeek.com »

For those that use them, what solar charger/powerbanks are you using? Any good or bad experiences with them?

I just received my first "nice" solar charger. Looking at the box, I was a little surprised to read this on the box:

"The less you use the solar panel to recharge the battery, the longer the battery will last"

Looking online I found:
"RoamProofs product's battery life will decrease when the solar panel is used to recharge the device's battery. Extend the life of any internal battery by charging through a wall adapter using provided charging cables."

Is this the norm?

If you're interested in seeing specs and my photos of the unit I'm talking about, you can see them here:
Unboxing Photos: RoamProof SOS20K Portable Solar Powerbank & Package
Gazelle
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Solar Chargers

Post by Gazelle »

I have the suntastics 5 and a small miller charger for a 18650 battery (also use that battery in my flashlight)
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein