Effective Mosquito Repellant

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
oldranger
Topix Addict
Experience: N/A

Effective Mosquito Repellant

Post by oldranger »

Anyone tried using Bounce dryer sheets as a mosquito repellant?
Mike

Who can't do everything he used to and what he can do takes a hell of a lot longer!
AlmostThere
Topix Addict
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Effective Mosquito Repellant

Post by AlmostThere »

I talked to someone who swore they kept marmots out of the engine block of his truck.

Let us know if it works...
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by copeg »

Tried it years ago without much success (wasn't 'Bounce', but something similar which I now don't recall). Did seem to work a bit against black flies though (Junction Meadow along Kern was swarming with them) - at least to the extent that hanging one from my hat in front of my face allowed me to eat my dinner in relative peace (no extra protein)
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

Post by gary c. »

My wife and her friend carried them in a shirt pocket for a week in Yosemite last year. The skeeters were not bad that week so we never knew for sure but the ladies sure smelled better.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray