Gear Review: Darn Tough Vermont Merino Wool Socks | High Sierra Topix  

Gear Review: Darn Tough Vermont Merino Wool Socks

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.

Postby HikingGeek.com » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:34 am

Since the end of August, I've been using these socks on all of my hikes. I’ve also worn them 3+ days per week, wearing them to work, the gym and around the house over the last 3 months.

One thing that really sets these socks apart from the competition is their warranty:

"If you were able to wear out a pair of Darn Tough socks, we’ll replace them. At any time. Just package the socks up, fill out the form, and send to the appropriate address—we will send you a brand new pair!"

Here is my detailed review:

HikingGeek.com
Topix Acquainted

Experience: N/A

Re: Gear Review: Darn Tough Vermont Merino Wool Socks

Postby maverick » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Would like to second your positive review of these socks. Have been using a couple of the categories for the past few years, and they are much more durable and comfortable, keep their form better, then other socks that I have used in the past. Price doesn't bother me much because taking care of my feet is extremely important to me while running, hiking, cycling, and especially while backpacking.
HST= Wilderness Adventurer who knows no bounds, except for their own imagination.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby The Other Tom » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:48 pm

I've used Darn Tough socks for the last few years, both for everyday use and hiking. Very comfortable and haven't even come close to wearing them out. Darn Tough ? Darn right !
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Experience: N/A

Postby edhyatt » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:44 am

I've used them pretty extensively too - to the point where I did get a pair replaced; to be fair they had done the Colorado Trail as a warm up to a lot more mileage....
edhyatt
Topix Acquainted

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Return to Outdoor Gear Topix