Best Dry Bag for Complete Submersion

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
SierraMappingProject
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Best Dry Bag for Complete Submersion

Post by SierraMappingProject »

Hi folks, I'm sure the question for best dry bags has been tossed around like none-other. I'm going to be swimming the perimeter of Lake Tahoe in less than a month. 72 miles unsupported (over the course of about 7 days) so 10+ miles a day to allow for afternoon storms, hiking opportunities, etc. Anyways. I'm going to be carrying all my own gear. Food, Water, Sleep System, Debit Card, Phone, and spare goggles. It's going to be tethered to a homemade leash which will be attached to my ankle. I need to know in your experience which would be the best dry bag. I'm debating between the SeaLine EcoSee and the Sea to Summit Clear Stopper Dry Bag. My inflatable sleeping pad is going to be the buoyant aspect to keep my dry bag afloat. I'll deflate it just enough so it'll remain afloat while I'm towing it. The inside of the dry bag will be lined with a trash bag liner just in case. But my question for you guys is what dry bag which will preform INSIDE of the water for about 10hours a day. It's not entirely imperative that the items stay 100% dry cause I can lay them out in the sun... but the drier the better. Thank you for your input! - Sara
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Best Dry Bag for Complete Submersion

Post by maverick »

Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org