Osprey Hydration Bladder Adapter?

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
Burk504
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Osprey Hydration Bladder Adapter?

Post by Burk504 »

Just got a 3L Osprey Bladder and am disappointed that the mouth on it does not fit the adapter on my Katadyn Water Filter. Maybe I should have researched this better, but assumed that this size opening is pretty standard....guess not. :(

I am trying to think through how to fill this up creekside in the mountains. Without a tight seal between the filter and the container (like filters fit on a nalgene) this process can be pretty awkward.

How do you all handle this? Is there some form of adapter? Assuming that some of you must use one of these...
cloudlesssky
Topix Regular

Re: Osprey Hydration Bladder Adapter?

Post by cloudlesssky »

You could try a quick connect kit like the Osprey Quick Connect kit ($10). I replaced my Osprey 3L with the Osprey LT 2.5L bladder this year and it comes with a Quick Connect installed. I bought a spare quick connect kit to hook up to my Sawyer filter. Hopefully this will also reduce the need to remove the bladder from my pack to refill it. But until I give a good trial run the jury is still out.
zacjust32
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by zacjust32 »

I use this adapter I got from amazon. It's camelbak brand but it has both the female and male ends that plug into my katadyn and bladder. Works fantastic, very easy to hook up to the pump and saves me from removing the bladder from my pack.
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert

Post by MountainMinstrel »

I also use a quick connect to fill my Platy without removing it from the pack. It always worked great with my Kaytadyn hiker. However, I have switched to a Sawyer Mini and have not had a chance to field test the setup. I'll know in a couple of weeks how it works.

Edit; I'm using the one that zacjust32 posted.
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.
Burk504
Topix Novice

Post by Burk504 »

Thanks all. I am going to try out the quick connect.