Companies that Back their products!

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
robow8
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Companies that Back their products!

Post by robow8 »

I've got two.
I've got a three year old Sierra Designs tent that the shock cord on the poles had lost it's shock. (And I keep the poles as extended as practical to relieve stress off of the shock cord) I used the online warranty form to create a ticket earlier in the year, but didn't send them in, as a friend was going to use the tent. Got the tent back a few weeks ago and sent the poles off. Got notification on a Monday that they had received the poles, and that there was a 4 to 6 week turnaround estimate, this being the busy season and all. Got another notification the following Monday that the job was done and that the poles would be shipped shortly. Got them back yesterday, with fresh shock cord installed!

Second one is ULA packs. My Wife and I both have ULA packs, having moved on from Deuter packs that never fit quite right. My son was using my old Deuter, but found it very uncomfortable. (I think he's a little bit of a wimp!) He decided that he wanted a ULA pack, and wanted to try some on. Well, we were going to be in Logan, Utah in the middle of July, so I sent them an email to see if we could swing by and try on some packs. Chris, the owner, said sure and gave me a contact number. So I called Rodney and set up an appointment. We get up there, and this place is pretty small. But it's full of finished packs, and materials, and half a dozen women at sewing machines. I was like a kid in a candy store! So my son tried on some packs, and decided on what he wanted, only to find out that that certain fabric is only made to order. We were a little bummed, when Rodney said, "we can sew you one up in a couple of hours." I asked when we would need to pick it up by, and he said that they close at 5, so before then. I asked him if 2pm would work and he said yes. So we went and got lunch and goofed around for a bit, and went back at 2 and his pack and an accessory shoulder strap pocket were all done. Awesome service!
MountainMinstrel
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Re: Companies that Back their products!

Post by MountainMinstrel »

ZPacks I have had my Ark Haul pack since 2015 and it had the old style stay pocket that had a tendency to allow the stays to slip past them. Last year the problem became bad enough that I decided to send the pack back to have the pockets and stays upgraded. This was just last month. Despite the fact that the pack is nearly 4 years old (twice the warranty) they are going to do the work for free and they are also going to patch the couple of small holes in the mesh back panel at no charge. You cannot go wrong with this company! They stand behind their products big time!
Just an old musician who loves the Mountains.