GoLite going out of business

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
gary c.
Topix Fanatic
Experience: N/A

GoLite going out of business

Post by gary c. »

Boulder outdoor gear company GoLite, which two weeks ago sought bankruptcy protection to reorganize the business, now is in "liquidation mode," court documents show.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-business/ci_26811441" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
The Other Tom
Founding Member

Re: GoLite going out of business

Post by The Other Tom »

Say it ain't so! I've bought several things from them and found them to be a good company to work with. Here's hoping someone will rescue them.
limpingcrab
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by limpingcrab »

Nooooo!!! I've got a 1lb lightweight trail running pack from them and it's more durable than my climbing packs!

Maybe that's the problem, their stuff lasted forever so I didn't need to replace it. Shot themselves in the foot
John Harper
Topix Expert

Post by John Harper »

I love my Jam2, so light and comfortable. What a shame.

John
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

I received my notice this morning that the GoLite liquidation started today. It took me all day to get on the site because shut down from excess activity. All of their prices are marked down and they will take an additional 20% off. Much of their products are out of stock.

http://www.golite.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
Rockyroad
Topix Regular

Post by Rockyroad »

Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered a Jam pack last night. Now I just need to decide what to do with the new Terra Nova Quasar 55 I picked up about a month ago at about the same incredible price.
EpicSteve
Topix Acquainted

Post by EpicSteve »

Wow, I'm really surprised and disappointed. It seemed like they were very popular and respected. Do you suppose they just expanded too quickly? Sure glad I bought my trail runners and down parka from them while I had the chance. Sad.
“I don’t deny that there can be an element of escapism in mountaineering, but this should never overshadow its real essence, which is not escape but victory over your own human frailty.”

- Walter Bonatti
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

Everything is about gone but this woman's 800 fill down jacket is a heck of a deal. After the 20% discount it should be about $60. Right now there is only size medium left.

http://www.golite.com/Womens-Demaree-80 ... 46972.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-- Lionel Terray
ERIC
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Your Humble Host & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by ERIC »

gary c. wrote:Everything is about gone but this woman's 800 fill down jacket is a heck of a deal. After the 20% discount it should be about $60. Right now there is only size medium left.

http://www.golite.com/Womens-Demaree-80 ... 46972.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think the 20% off has already been applied store-wide. $90 is still a good deal though.
New members, please consider giving us an intro!
Follow us on Twitter @HighSierraTopix. Use hashtags #SIERRAPHILE #GotSierra? #GotMountains?
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HighSierraTopix
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Post by gary c. »

Eric you are probably right but I'm still not sure. The email notification that I received from GoLite say "Everything 20% off lowest ticketed price". When I go to the home page today it shows 20 - 30 % off. There is something printed under the % off that you can only read if you blow it up. It say "Lowest Ticketed Price. Between not being able to read it without enlarging it and the fact that it now says 20 -30% something is messed up. If someone wanted to order the jacket it would be worth trying to get the extra 20%.
-- Lionel Terray