summit/day pack

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
The hermit
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

summit/day pack

Post by The hermit »

I'm looking for a light weight pack for day hikes when backpacking. Any suggestions?
Ikan Mas
Topix Regular

Re: summit/day pack

Post by Ikan Mas »

Here's one that I throw in my trek pack for day hiking, fishing, and peak bagging. It has a sleeve for camelback and a sleeve for a ice axe that also works well for a fishing rod. Here's a couple of photos:

Here's a link:
http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/catal ... gory/2158/
mschnaidt
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by mschnaidt »

I use the Riksak from Gossamer Gear. At 2.9 oz it packs up small and weighs almost nothing.

http://gossamergear.com/packs/backpacks/riksak.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The hermit
Topix Regular

Post by The hermit »

Perfect thanks for the replies.
calipidder
Topix Regular

Post by calipidder »

I tried a few and didn't like any before realizing the problem was that I never had a place to stash my poles. So I ended up with the REI Flash 18. It has the daisy chain along the front, when paired with some niteize twisties, make for some solid trekking pole storage. I usually use my poles until in '4WD terrain' - i.e. I need my hands as well as my feet, and I hate stashing them somewhere and having to find them on the way down. Prefer lashing them to my pack.