Gear review time?

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Gear review time?

Post by rlown »

Not much going on lately, and it's cold out. A great time to pull out the gear and check for issues, plan replacements, upgrades, etc. And get it on your Christmas list :nod:

Off topic, but it's also waterfowl season. The guy with the gear cart didn't show up when i went on Saturday, so.. Try carrying in 30 lbs on your back and then add 40lbs of ducks out. in a decoy bag w/o any suspension. only a mile so not a big deal. I ordered a cart yesterday. Merry Thanksgivukkah, Xmas, etc to me.

Got new laces, BPA free water bottles although at 52 why do i care, and you can't get those lexan cups anymore from REI with the measures on them. They are now unmarked green and blue polyprop cups. Give me back my lexan w/measures.

Now to get in shape for next season. Have my spot all picked out.

Russ
Tollermom
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Gear review time?

Post by Tollermom »

My Christmas gear list...a Spot Gen 3 arriving from my little sister and hopefully a custom Bearikade from my husband. Swapped out my heavy Nemo Astro for a Thermarest Neo Air. Sugar plum dreams of a down quilt to switch out the tight Go Lite down mummy bag.