Companies that Back their products! | High Sierra Topix  

Companies that Back their products!

Share your advice and personal experiences, post a gear review or ask any questions you may have pertaining to outdoor gear and equipment.

Re: Companies that Back their products!

Postby freestone » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:07 pm

Some companies that I recently had good customer service from:

SPOT- Sent me a new unit after reporting that mine failed to boot after changing the batteries.
Exped- Replaced my Down Air Mat 9 with a new mat after one of the inner chambers ruptured. It was at least 8 years old.
Gossamer Gear- Responded immediately to my email after breaking the tip off my trekking pole. They paid the shipping for a replacement tip.
Western Mountaineering-Always responds to questions on their Facebook site. Check it out, there is an awesome picture of some of their bags in the High Sierra.

freestone
Topix Expert

Experience: Level 1 Hiker

Re: Companies that Back their products!

Postby gary c. » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:32 am

Over Memorial weekend in the GTW I caught my Eureka Spitfire tent on a tree and tore the bag pretty good. I sent an email to the company and asked them if they had a replacement bag for my 10yr old tent. I got a reply back that they didn't have the original bag anymore but a universal one was on the way for no charge. Great customer service for a 10yr old tent.
"On this proud and beautiful mountain we have lived hours of fraternal, warm and exalting nobility. Here for a few days we have ceased to be slaves and have really been men. It is hard to return to servitude."
-- Lionel Terray
gary c.
Topix Fanatic

Experience: N/A

Previous

Return to Outdoor Gear Topix