sierra challenge prep

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
The hermit
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

sierra challenge prep

Post by The hermit »

What is everyone doing to get ready for the challenge. Im thinking about showing up for one or two climbs maybe a rest day in bewteen.just meeting some of the folks would be fun
Turtleggjp
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: sierra challenge prep

Post by Turtleggjp »

I've been taking a local exercise class primarily to try to get below 190 lbs (Started at 217 back in mid April). After a 5 day backpacking trip over July 4th weekend, I was down to 192 so I'm almost there! I'm hoping that another backpacking trip or two will help drop me below my goal weight in time.

I've also done a few other hikes in the Sierras, like Half Dome (cables down), Four Mile Trail / Panorama Trail loop, A nice loop up Pine Creek Pass trail through Granite Park and the Royce Lakes, and duplicating Bob's hike of Olancha Peak from the 2001 challenge. I'm planning to do Friday, Saturday, and Sunday both weekends, and I'm planning to do a couple of warm up hikes before the first weekend (Mount Dana and Matterhorn Peak).

Matt