Mt Forsyth, Northern Yosemite

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
cowtownrunner
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Mt Forsyth, Northern Yosemite

Post by cowtownrunner »

I've set my sights on climbing Mt. Forsyth, in Northern Yosemite. There is no online information about it, and I wanted to check to see if anyone had experience or information on in climbing it. It looks like a 12,000 + mountain, and I'm sure there is a class 2 or 3 route on it, but may just settle for going there and determining how to climb it on the spot.
copeg
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Founding Member & Forums Administrator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Mt Forsyth, Northern Yosemite

Post by copeg »

Are you referring to Forsyth Peak? http://www.summitpost.org/forsyth-peak/151960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cmon4day
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: Mt Forsyth, Northern Yosemite

Post by cmon4day »

I climbed it about 15 years ago. We did a layover day at Dorothy Lake and climbed it. From my recollection it was an easy Class 2 with little Class 3 to get to the top. Great views of Northern Yosemite from the top. Enjoy and have fun. Post TR when you get back.