Mt Locke 12634' and Buttermilks camping

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
ridgeline
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Mt Locke 12634' and Buttermilks camping

Post by ridgeline »

Hiked up to Mt Locke out of the Buttermilks on Sat morning, about 4000' ele gain. Trailbud and I were planning to climb the Kindergarten Couloir, but it was rotten, not enough ice to rope up and not enough snow to crampon up. Started up the N side and switched to the east face to the ridge. At the summit I found a small notebook register with one signature by Peter Leh mountain guide/ski mountaineer, I left a copenhagen can with some paper in it and covered both with some rocks. The scree in the Wahoo Gulleys allowed us to ski down. Got some pics of Mt Emerson N.Couloir the Zebra Couloir, Checkered Demon. Took big packs/gear but left some of the load at 10k. Another beautiful day in the mountains.
Pics here. Image
MooseTracks
Topix Regular

Re: Mt Locke 12634' and Buttermilks camping

Post by MooseTracks »

Ummmm... DUDE! Why wasn't I on that call list??? OH yeah, the 'rents were in town. Sounds like an AWESOME weekend! Good times!

PM me when you guys are in town next, at least we can grab some din-din!

-L :cool:
"Why do I climb? Quite simply because the mountains and I had to meet." - Colette Richard

http://www.flickr.com/photos/moosepics621
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

LOL! :lmao Ridgeline, I would have taken that 'rock of the day' picture too! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

You're on Moosie, we even had the scotch! Snowy, Doug noticed the rock, that sicko.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

That is a really beautifula area! That aquaduct spa thinghy has me very intriged??
ridgeline
Founding Member

Post by ridgeline »

Madeintahoe , not sure where this water ends up, have not done any research on it. I do know It comes from McGee Creek, into a pipe which the map calls an aquaduct, travels underground and dumps into the concrete basin shown in the picture, which dumps into a creek and on its way.