Kearsarge Pass, Mt. Gould & Onion Valley Bears Gone Wild

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Lewis
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Lewis »

Baffman said;
What the heck is the "Ore Bin Inn"? Did they change the name of a local motel or do I just not get it?!?!
LOL, The "Ore Bin Inn" is a old mining ore bin on the side of hill, great place to crash for the night, 5 miles off of 395.

Maiden Tahoe; Thanks ;)

I dont know what was up with the Mercedies, there was no food in it, perhaps the bear smelled an air fresher. The little Mazda sports car had no food in it either, looks like the bear ate the seats.
The Toyota Taco Truck, the bear went into the bed and got into the coolers and food that was in the back, threw it outo on the ground.

The girl holding the flap open, I dont know who she was, but kinda reminded me of one of those models on a game show "You have just won this beautiful Toyota Taco...."

PS, I hear you really have to keep your eyes on your backpack in this area ;)

~Lewis
"I'll hike with anybody,....... I'm not proud"

http://www.ghosttownexplorers.org