Beautiful Milestone Mountain 13,641 Day Hike From Camp

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Beautiful Milestone Mountain 13,641 Day Hike From Camp

Post by madeintahoe »

It has been almost two weeks that I have been back from this trip...finally getting my pictures together....Kerstin, Sally & myself did a day hike from our camp in lower Milestone Basin to the top of Milestone Mountain. Some of you have probably heard of this pretty remote Sierra Peak! You can see it far away from many places in the Sierra..it is a stunning peak to see in real ...Located on the Great Western Divide & next to the Kings Kern Divide, gorgeous mountains all around it!

I took way to many pictures on this trip :eek: ..I am doing two albums..this one of just the peak hike & another one of the Backpacking..which I will post when I get that done.
This was a wonderful day & so happy we all got to the summit :) ...the weather got worse during the day which was a little worrisome, so we did not stay on top as long as we would have liked to...still feel fortunate to have had the time I did up there!
This is a beautiful hike from the start to the summit!
My picture album for anyone that would like to see the area are here
http://outdoors.webshots.com/album/560264783Pepgme
I did not put captions on all of them..sorry so many :eek:
langenbacher
Topix Acquainted

Post by langenbacher »

Good job! From the :) 's on your faces, I wouldn't know how tough it was if it wan't for the other pictures! Milestone is now definitely on my "to do" list. Thanks! Looking forward to the second album!
Skibum
Founding Member

Post by Skibum »

Very nice! :thumbsup:
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

Milestone is definitely on my 'to do' list now! What an awesome looking peak! I saw it last week from University and thought of you. You all look so happy up there! :D
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Very nice photos and report. That is one sweet peak and a cool route to boot. It's been on my target list for awhile. Perhaps if I come out of peak bagging "retirement" it will be for Milestone.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tomcat_rc
Topix Regular

Post by tomcat_rc »

wow! -
milestone looked fun & exciting - well photoed.
glad to see not all the water dried up :crybaby:
nice to see columbine and other flowers
mountain hiking is addictive:
I can quit anytime I want - I just choose not to want
quentinc
Topix Expert

Post by quentinc »

Those were really beautiful! And that looks like some pretty serious climbing up to the notch. Was this part of your Shepherd Pass trip?
Kerstin
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Kerstin »

Thank you for posting the photos, Anita! :)
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

Anita - the pictures are just beautiful!!! I like the shot of the three of you on the summit smiling. That mountain looks like it was a tough but really nice climb.

Kathy
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Gosh...Thank you so much everyone for your kind comments! So nice of you all to post a comment

Harry yes one day you need to go
Cori..it is a stunning peak for sure and to see it so close up in real was something

Larry this was part of my Shepherd Pass trip & there was water still in Symmes creek :eek:

Kerstin thanks again for a great day....what a fun peak it was for me to get up!

Thank you again everyone! I am almost done with the other pictures of the backpacking trip and I will post those