TR: Arrow Peak Dayhike

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
themtsarecalling
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

TR: Arrow Peak Dayhike

Post by themtsarecalling » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:22 pm

Tried to recreate Bob Burd's dayhike effort out of Roads End. Wound up heading up the Arrow Creek drainage instead of Window Creek despite Secor's warnings and thought it worked out fine, although my tolerance for bushwacking is probably not the best measure. Finished in about 15 hours car to car.

https://TheMtsAreCalling.com/arrow

seanr
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Arrow Peak Dayhike

Post by seanr » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 am

Interesting. That's the type of outing I've been aiming toward this month with Roads End making a lot of sense for access this fall given closures elsewhere. A couple years ago I went from Window to Pyramid and all the way around to Monardella in a horseshoe shaped ridge traverse. There was no time for Arrow and it fell off the radar despite long being in mind. Many aim toward it from Taboose for the classic view of it looming tall over the lake.

robertseeburger
Topix Regular

Post by robertseeburger » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:21 am

Wow.. I climbed Arrow Peak last year.. from the valley to the east on a 10 day backpack. I think I noted Bob Burd's dayhike in my post..and thought that was a feat not to be repeated. But it looks like you have done it.. Congrats..

themtsarecalling
Topix Novice

Post by themtsarecalling » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:56 pm

seanr wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 am
Interesting. That's the type of outing I've been aiming toward this month with Roads End making a lot of sense for access this fall given closures elsewhere. A couple years ago I went from Window to Pyramid and all the way around to Monardella in a horseshoe shaped ridge traverse. There was no time for Arrow and it fell off the radar despite long being in mind. Many aim toward it from Taboose for the classic view of it looming tall over the lake.
Yeah I think coming up over Taboose is the more enjoyable way to do it for sure. Living in Fresno, just always looking for ways to tackle peaks from the west side to save myself some driving.