Hurd Peak

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

Shawn - when I went up Hurd's west side, I don't think I picked the standard route. I wasn't sure which chute to go up and then I ended having to traverse back and forth between chutes on the way up to keep the terrain to Class 3. When I got to the top I had to go over to the east side of the ridge and then traverse south to the summit. Once I was on the summit it looked to me that the more well traveled route was one of the chutes south of the summit. I guess I should have kept following that use trail I was on when I first started up, but I wasn't smart enough to do that.
madeintahoe
Topix Expert
Experience: N/A

Post by madeintahoe »

Shawn..Thank you for your story and beautiful pictures....Looks like you had a really nice day out there!

I love next to the last picture.. almost to the TH...those trees are so green and lush!