TR - Dark Doda

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Silky Smooth
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

TR - Dark Doda

Post by Silky Smooth »

Sooo Blackout! and I took a walk to the Dark Side.....Dome that is on Saturday Morning. Had the place to ourselves. Mark it was great to see you again, sorry we missed ya that night! Too much fun playin in the meadows and we were running late. Still some snow on Dark Side Dome and all the routes were very dirty, but the nunataks are soo awesome! We love River Wall, so pretty this year.

The next day we went to Doda Dome to do Silicone Corner, I've had my eye on that corner since late last year. Super coool corner, you can do everything, lieback, stem, crack climb, ow your way up, till you reach a more nunatak featured part of the corner and it finishes nicely. It was a beautiful day, 20% of showers in the afternoon, its been like that all week. Again we had the place to ourselves. I want to recognize Blackout, my lady and partner and crime for everything. I love her and she (tuolumne) rocks! She had to endure the last 1/3 of the corner in hail and rain. Her composure and strength was inspiring. She amazes me time after time. After she took the photo of the corner, it started to rain/hail 10 minutes later. Another great weekend in Tuolumne :)

Dome you later,
$ilky $mooth

p.s. the order of the photos sucks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jason
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: TR - Dark Doda

Post by Jason »

Cool. That's a whole lotta knobs (not a climber, don't know what else to call them) on that one wall. Looks awesome up there, thanks for the TR.