Who Wants to See Southern Deso? | High Sierra Topix  

Who Wants to See Southern Deso?

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.

Who Wants to See Southern Deso?

Postby Vaca Russ » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:11 am

You must register an account and login to view files/photos attached to this post.

We climbed Ralston on Sunday and snapped a few pictures. The snow situation is pretty desperate. We didn't hit solid snow cover until about 8800 feet.

018.JPG

019.JPG

020.JPG

022.JPG

025.JPG

Should have brought our Dynafit Huascarans!

026.JPG

034.JPG

036.JPG

038.JPG

042.JPG

Thanks for reading our post!

-Russ
"I went home with a waitress the way I always do. How was I to know she was with the Russians, too?"- Warren Zevon

Vaca Russ
Topix Expert

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Who Wants to See Southern Deso?

Postby TahoeJeff » Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:44 am

Russ, your pictures really illustrate how little snow there is around here. I was comfortably in shorts and t-shirt yesterday, with the temp in the low 60s.
Many of us have been so brainwashed over the years — by sheer repetition, rather than by either logic or empirical tests — that statistical disparities are automatically taken to mean discrimination, whether between races, sexes or whatever.
Thomas Sowell Nov. 24, 2016
TahoeJeff
Topix Expert

Experience: N/A

Return to Peak Bagging / Rock Climbing / Bouldering