Want Info on Desolation death march the notch?

Topics related to peak bagging, rock climbing and bouldering in the foothills and high country of the Sierra Nevada. Be sure to also check out the Information Booth forum category to learn from / see if you can contribute to a profile for High Sierra 13'ers, 14'ers and cross country passes.
Gazelle
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Want Info on Desolation death march the notch?

Post by Gazelle »

I am looking to do Desolation deach march almost Pyramid, Agassiz, price, jacks, Dicks and Tallac in a day and would like any info on the notch down from price on way to Jacks or anywhere east aloha etc. All I can find is go west from price down some class 3 then traverse to first notch. Pictures? More info? Probably just have to figure it out but for a really long day want as much information as possible and this is the last piece. Thanks for any help
Kristine
The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before. Albert Einstein
brvoyles
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Want Info on Desolation death march the notch?

Post by brvoyles »

It's been several years, but I don't recall any route finding difficulty in this section. I followed the ridge north from price until I could drop down, glissased down to the saddle and slogged it up jacks. Link to pictures is below, but probably not much help due to the difference in snow coverage.

http://brvoyles.smugmug.com/2005/Mount- ... riceJacks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Brian