Story of Peter Starr & Matthew Greene

Discuss your favorite wilderness related books. Share your favorite poetry, quotes and folktales. Here's your chance to showcase your creative side!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Story of Peter Starr & Matthew Greene

Post by maverick »

Attached is a file of a wonderfully written story that ran for several weeks in the Mammoth Times, each week contained a chapter of this story written by Jennifer Crittenden (website: discreetguide.com), a writer of articles, books reviews, and stories. Jennifer wrote this recent story in which she writes about Peter Starr and Matthew Greene, intertwining them and looking at the similarities between the two. Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
oldhikerQ
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Story of Peter Starr & Matthew Greene

Post by oldhikerQ »

Thanks for the post Maverick.
A great read.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I — I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick »

Glad to read that you enjoyed it. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
mlskn_needed
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by mlskn_needed »

Maverick, thanks for trying to bring closure for the Greene family.