Crossing Silliman Crest

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Optimus-00
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Re: Crossing Silliman Crest

Post by Optimus-00 »

TehipiteTom wrote:
SweetSierra wrote:I'm a former national Sierra Club outings leader and the assistant leader and I realized we knew one another....
As am I, and I know him too--he's probably my best source for specific info. Thanks to you and maverick for reminding me of this.
Ah shucks... thanks for pointing me to this site, the both of you. Fun to realize you were both on the trip with me this summer.

I'm glad you found the route over to Crescent. I've been down that chute on the south side of the saddle about three or four times, it's not so terrible bad. Just... take... it... slow, and it works out. What didn't work for us was the direct descent to Crescent. I bear north a bit, then curl into Crescent clockwise-ish.
SweetSierra
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by SweetSierra »

Hi Andy, :) I saw your post on the "Lurkers Intro Thread." That little lake at the top of the Tablelands (and at the top of Glacier Lake Pass on our trip!) is special. I hope all's well. ~L.G.
Optimus-00
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by Optimus-00 »

Going back again this summer... goal is to cross the same spot, if the group is capable. One question, of course, will be whether there's sufficient flow of water down Silliman Creek in late August. Very real possibility it'll be dry, which will likely force us to head for Twin Lakes. I'll report back!