Gaylor Peak, Pass, Lakes / Dana City / Granite Lakes

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Ranboze
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Gaylor Peak, Pass, Lakes / Dana City / Granite Lakes

Post by Ranboze »

The eastern cusp of Yosemite is one of my most favorite places. I took a leisure stroll up Gaylor Pass on Labor Day and onto the Peak, then down to the lakes. Dana City, aka, The Great Sierra Mine is an old mining area at the north end of the upper Gaylor Pass. An EZ cross country led to the Granite Lakes. Wide open spaces, alpine meadows... wow. This would be a great place to visit earlier in the season when the wildflowers are more plentiful.

Photos are here
Walking outside is where I find what's inside.
Snow Nymph
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by Snow Nymph »

I love the cabins and views from Dana City! Your album popped up late last night, or maybe it was early this morning :retard: on my screen, so I got to look at them early. Cool area!
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
madeintahoe
Topix Expert

Post by madeintahoe »

Ranboze, Beautiful pictures! I love that whole area around Tiogo Pass & Saddlebag Lake.

We were day hiking just a bit north of you that same day...the lakes south of Conness, Green Treble & by the Carnegie station.
Thank you for sharing :)
Trailtrekker06
Topix Regular

Post by Trailtrekker06 »

Ranboze- Interesting stuff and beautiful country. Those cabins sure looked like alot of work to construct. Thanks for posting.
-TT