TR 7/8-15 Blackcap Basin Plus

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Wandering Daisy
Topix Docent
Experience: N/A

Re: TR 7/8-15 Blackcap Basin Plus

Post by Wandering Daisy »

A route down the North Fork from the trail to Wishon Reservoir is described in RJ Secor's guide. I was just going to head directly west, uphill from the large wide section of the river shown on the map at 7,000 feet. I think that is the route you show on your post, however, the map was too small for me to make out details. I looked at Google Maps and the topos and thought it would go. The only problem I see is the lack of water and heat on this very dry south facing slope. There are climber's use-trails in the area of all those domes near the trailhead. I punted because of the excessive heat. I think I will try it later in the year.
Bluewater
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

TR 7/8-15 Blackcap Basin Plus

Post by Bluewater »

Thanks WD!The place where it widens at 7,000 feet is just the spot where I headed west back to the t/h. I was able to follow some of those use trails. I will check Secor for the route description.