Good Times on the Silver Divide

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Buck Forester
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Post by Buck Forester »

We're probably gonna be a couple weeks later than that, shoot. Soon you'll be looking down on this http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianernst/114531986/ Don't let your excitement get in front of your knees on the way down!
Telkwa
Topix Acquainted

Post by Telkwa »

krudler -
Great fun looking at your pictures. I lost track of your dates. On which days did you drop down to Izaak Walton, then x-ctry over to Tully Lake? Did you go past Cotton?
Reason I ask is cause Patti and I came over Shout-of-Relief Pass on Aug 30, camped at Cotton, then went around Izaak Walton Lake on the way to Tully Hole the next morning.
Thanks for the shots of Hortense!!
Buck Forester
Founding Member

Post by Buck Forester »

Hey krudler, I was doing a photo search on Tehipite on Flickr and I came across this recent set from some people backpacking in there. Don't mind the bikini girl, ha! Looks like they're holding up nice stringers of 12" rainbows in a couple of those pics. I know big browns lurk.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adindasukardi/
krudler
Founding Member

Post by krudler »

Whoa Buck! Thanks for the pics! Looks like conditions are going to be perfect....although we wont have such good...ahem...scenery ;)

Telkwa, we got to Hortense on the 29th and went through the Izaak/Cotton area the afternoon of the 30th.
"Krusty, you know Bette Midler?"
"Yeah we own a racehorse together - the Krudler!"