TR Lodgepole to Lodgepole Via Deadman and Cloud Canyons (SEK

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
alpinemike
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR Lodgepole to Lodgepole Via Deadman and Cloud Canyons (SEK

Post by alpinemike »

Glad everyone enjoyed the report. It was my first one that I had written up. Unfortunately not so many wildflowers in the upper elevations at all. I remember seeing a good deal of them on the trail to Twin Lakes but that was about it. And the mosquitoes definitely let off after about day 3. I just finished South Lake to North Lake loop and I can thankfully say that the major mosquito season is just about gone for this year..thank goodness! I'll be writing up that trip report in the next few days.
Never put off a backpacking trip for tomorrow, if you can do it today...
Alpine Mike-

http://mikhailkorotkinphotography.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Experience: N/A

Post by giantbrookie »

Nice report of some classic High Sierra locales. Indeed, they bring back some nice memories.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by sekihiker »

Great report. Superb photos!
blipstream
Topix Novice
Experience: N/A

Post by blipstream »

We did Deadman Canyon loop a 2 years ago and agree, the trail down from Elizabeth pass is mostly non-existent. We just pointed ourselves down hill and followed the contours. The switchbacks down to the valley floor were cool. The views are just stunning!