TR: Heart of Emigrant June 28 and 29

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
justm
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Heart of Emigrant June 28 and 29

Post by justm »

I hike in that area at least once a year. I was there about a month ago and the fishing was lousy. I'm so glad to hear the stocking has been successful at Camp and Gem lakes. I was at Rasasco early and it looked dead, but was scheduled for stocking at the same time as the lakes you visited. They most have been deep and not rising. Nice photos and thanks for sharing !!
kpeter
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by kpeter »

It is fun to see your pics that came exactly one month after my visit to many of the same places. That little patch of snow between Deer and Buck Lakes was a couple hundred yards across when I was there! Thank your for sharing!
bheiser1
Topix Regular
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

TR: Heart of Emigrant June 28 and 29

Post by bheiser1 »

@Ikan Mas, Hmmm, I did this exact trip a week before you. I guess no need for me to post a TR as you pretty well covered it. :). No fishing for me though but I experienced the skeeters big time...

My mid point/overnight was at Lower Buck Lake. Same 29 miles total on a weekend overnighter.
Jim Lowe
Topix Regular

Post by Jim Lowe »

Hi,

I came across this today and thought I'd add a bit. In 2012 (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7784" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I mentioned that Camp Lake was scheduled for planting and it was as confirmed here and on my trip a couple of weeks ago. For now, Camp has rainbows and they seem to be doing well. I'll updated on the dead lake list.

Thanks.

Jim.
giantbrookie
Founding Member & Forums Moderator
Founding Member & Forums Moderator

Post by giantbrookie »

Wow, I missed this one. Quite a trip, too, for this is one of those "stuff a 4-day trip into 2" sort of trips. That is a lot of ground to cover in a short period of time, without a doubt. With that much hiking it's hard to get much time to fish, but clearly some quality fishing time was had. Well done.
Since my fishing (etc.) website is still down, you can be distracted by geology stuff at: http://www.fresnostate.edu/csm/ees/facu ... ayshi.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;