I can't flippin wait!:)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
ndwoods
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

I can't flippin wait!:)

Post by ndwoods »

My honey and I dragged our kids all over the western US backpacking. Then we took a granddaughter backpacking. And with just the two of us bagged about 25-30 nights a year for at least 20 years...probably longer than that. Then suddenly....more grandkids. And the grandkids were both due in the summer...Aug and then again in Sept the next year...no way I was going to be in the highcountry if my daughter went into labor! So...we've stayed home a couple years. I was disappointed but ok with it. Just rode my horses a lot....including backcountry day trips almost every day. But....now....finally....we get to go!!!!! I pulled out my dusty gear and started looking it over. Did I never see the seam about to go in my rain pants? Wonder how many trips they barely survived...laugh. Anyway, doing thorough inventory and replacing stuff....and have a 9 day trip planned around Avalanche and Colby and Kaweah....YEEHAW!:)
http://ndeewoods.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: I can't flippin wait!:)

Post by sekihiker »

Best Wishes on your trip, Dee. You picked a great trip. I miss that area.