Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself

Post by maverick »

Hi Sheperd80,

Welcome to HST! Looking forward to reading your Spanish Lakes TR. :thumbsup:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
sliverqueen
Topix Newbie
Experience: N/A

Post by sliverqueen »

Hello all!

I'm 27, have been hiking and camping since I was a kid, but only about a year ago decided to take the plunge into backpacking. I am very happy to say my first trip will be in two weeks from now to the Cottonwood Lakes area for 3 days/2 nights.

While at lake Mary in Mammoth a few years ago, I was fishing from shore and had to listen to a pontoon boat full of loud, inebriated vacationers. I then started to think that even the beauty of Mammoth Lakes wasn't the escape that I needed, and that I have to get further away from the crowds to experience true tranquility.

I have been spending the Winter / Spring carefully researching and gathering my gear with careful consideration. I am probably going to do multi day trips, but plan to do Whitney, and even the John Muir Trail someday.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Silverqueen,

Welcome to HST! Looking forward to reading about you upcoming trip. We also
enjoy day hike reports to the Sierra to.

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
sportzgirl2012
Topix Newbie

Post by sportzgirl2012 »

Hi,

Although this may be my first post some of you may already know of me. You may have read about some of my adventures...such as...

Snowshoeing into the "Backcountry Ritz Carlton"
2Sport Going In (800x666).jpg
Peak bagging Clouds Rest with the "B" Team
3Start-Clouds Rest.jpg
Exploring ancient hand hewn granite basins with Mika
5Sport and Mika (800x646).jpg
Climbing High Sierra mountain passes with Maverick
6S-M&S Pass (800x472).jpg
Exploring dams in the wilderness
8S-Rubicon Reservoir Dam (800x600).jpg
Catching high Sierra golden trout
9Sport Gold (800x533).jpg
Bagging other high mountain peaks
7S-Tallac (800x600).jpg
135 (800x600).jpg
18Sport%20and%20Mika%20Pyramid[1].JPG
I also enjoy downhill skiing
christy heavenly.jpg
Stay tuned for my next adventure. :)

"Sport"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Sport,

Welcome to HST! Looking forward to reading about your next adventure. :D

austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

Yeah Sport. Glad you joined in. It will be nice to see trail reports from your perspective. Although Russ does provide lots already. Play Through. :thumbsup:
Ross939
Topix Acquainted

Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself

Post by Ross939 »

Hey, all, I've been on the site for a few months now, but haven't posted for quite some time. I'm John, and my son Sebastian will be leaving in about two weeks to hike the JMT with my brother. I've found lots of useful info here, prepping for his hike. My son an I have been doing a lot of hiking lately here in Sonoma, getting ready for his hike. I hope to be able to do this hike myself someday or at least part of it.
Bargy
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by Bargy »

Hi, I'm Bargy - been doing more lurking than posting. Off to TM on July 14 for 5 days - based at May Lake and doing day hikes. Anyone got a skeeter report for there recently? I'm hoping there season is fading. Then I'm doing Kearsage to Whitney at the end of the month. Reports to follow. TTFN!
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Welcome aboard, Guys! Looking forward to your TR's in the future.

As to the skeeter reports, they are carried here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9131" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As it just rained in TM the other day, I don't think the skeeter season is over yet.

Last weekend at 9k in the Dinkeys, they were very active and there was still alot of greenery to hide in despite the heat.

Russ
Ajit
Topix Novice

Post by Ajit »

Well, I'm an occasional lurker who posted once or twice last year seeking information for a backpacking trip to Deer Lake in Emigrant Wilderness. However, I never got around to posting pictures and a trip report. Next week, I'll be hiking with a couple of friends on Rafferty Creek Trail to Emeric Lake and back via Evelyn Lake and JMT. Hope to post pictures this time. I'm 50 years, live near San Jose, old and discovered the joys of backpacking only two years ago. This is a great board and I feel pretty awed by the knowledge of the regular contributors.
Last edited by Ajit on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.