Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Bash
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

Post by Bash » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:15 pm

I signed up a few weeks ago.
My first backpacking trip was when I was 13. I’m 53 now.
We started from Rock Creek rd. I believe the area is called Mosquito flats...? We backpacked to fourth recess lake, going over Momo Pass. No one from the adults took any fishing poles, so I was able to find a long stick, fishing line someone had discarded, and even found a hook. I was able to catch dinner. It was an awesome experience.
I love backpacking, but at the same time, if and when I do go, the destination must be a lake with trout.
In the last 10 yrs, I have hiked to lakes where I caught 18 inch Golden’s! One of my backpacking highlights.

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi Bash,

Welcome to HST! :)
Older TR's are welcome. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org

chiclizv13
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Post by chiclizv13 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:03 pm

A lurker no more. I'm Liz and live in the Owens Valley, and mid-30s. I did a NOBO JMT in 2019, and between COVID and the fires a number of 3-4 night trips this past summer. Typically, I can be found between Horseshoe Meadows and Donahue Pass (infrequently, so far, I've headed further North). Slowly working my way to off-trail travel with an end goal of completing the SHR, SoSHR, KCHBR, YHR (most likely as sections strung together over multiple seasons). I'll try to remember to post reports in the future, but I'm chronically behind in processing photos and stitching together my time lapses, so we'll see.
Shameless plug to my YouTube Channel:
Last but not least, I found you guys via the Google and various Facebook groups.

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by maverick » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi Liz,

Welcome to HST!
Thanks for the intro and video Liz. :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org