Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Bash
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

Re: Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

Post by Bash » Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:15 pm

I signed up a few weeks ago.
My first backpacking trip was when I was 13. I’m 53 now.
We started from Rock Creek rd. I believe the area is called Mosquito flats...? We backpacked to fourth recess lake, going over Momo Pass. No one from the adults took any fishing poles, so I was able to find a long stick, fishing line someone had discarded, and even found a hook. I was able to catch dinner. It was an awesome experience.
I love backpacking, but at the same time, if and when I do go, the destination must be a lake with trout.
In the last 10 yrs, I have hiked to lakes where I caught 18 inch Golden’s! One of my backpacking highlights.

maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

Post by maverick » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi Bash,

Welcome to HST! :)
Older TR's are welcome. :nod:
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org