Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Lurkers Please Introduce Yourself =)

Post by maverick »

Hi Sean,

Welcome to HST! :)
Professional Sierra Landscape Photographer

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
xiainx
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by xiainx »

hi, apparently i'm supposed to post here in order to get advice. i live in oakland and enjoy backpacking and climbing (and sometimes fishing) in the sierra, as well as other areas of california (trinities, shasta, jotr, etc). mostly weekend trips as i have a full time job as well. i've probably done 50 or so weekend trips in the mountains of CA, from desolation to emigrant to yosemite to SEKI. don't have time to detail them all right now...

i like reading your website for some of the pictures and figured that there are people around who should have good beta on routes and climbs, hoping to get some beta for 10 days eastside next week, with attempts at williamson/tyndall, possibly split mtn, and langley/muir/whitney via cottonwood meadows.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Xiainx,

Welcome to HST!
hi, apparently i'm supposed to post here in order to get advice.
No your not, but we do appreciate members introducing themselves. :)

I don't give out specific route information, my belief is that it takes away from the whole adventure spirit of a trip, if you need every inch planned out, you'll have to get that from someone else.

Have a safer backcountry experience by using the HST ReConn Form 2.0, named after Larry Conn, a HST member: http://reconn.org
Nevertoolate
Topix Newbie
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by Nevertoolate »

Hi everyone! I'm brand new to this site and stumbled across it while my husband and I were researching info about the JMT. We rediscovered backpacking later in life now that we are both retired. We do a lot of our training in Haleakala Crater here on Maui. We completed the Wonderland Trail this past September and are excited to do an even longer trail. We like to take it slow keeping our mileage around 10 miles a day enjoying the sights. I'm looking forward to gaining some advice from all of you about hiking the beautiful Sierras.
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Nevertolate,

Welcome to HST! Haleakala is a fun trip and a beautiful place, really enjoy hiking into it via the Kaupo Gap Trail. Have you hiked up the Nuu Gorge? The southern shore doesn't get a lot of attention, but the shore lines (Nu'u Bay area) and views of the Haleakala are outstanding.

Digforfire
Topix Acquainted
Experience: Level 2 Backpacker

Post by Digforfire »

Howdy! Me and my wife have been avid car campers for years and have now made the foray into backpacking. We did the trans Catalina trail and a few other small parts of the PCT in southern California this past year and are planning many more for next. I ran across this site looking up info for Sabrina Basin. I really enjoy the page, lots of great info!
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Digforfire,

Welcome to HST! Looking forward to reading about your adventures. :)

gwschenk
Topix Newbie

Post by gwschenk »

Howdy. Done some hiking, some backpacking, some climbing and some peakbagging in the Sierra since he '80s. More than most, not as much as some.

Gary
maverick
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by maverick »

Hi Gary,

Welcome to HST!! :)

PostJMT
Topix Novice
Experience: Level 3 Backpacker

New to the Forum

Post by PostJMT »

Hello,

I've been lurking on the forum for a while at least until last year when I was planning for my JMT thru-hike. Anyway, I've hiked the AT and the JMT, and am now looking into getting into off-trail/cross-country hiking like the SHR/SoSHR/KCHBR, which I am planning on hiking this summer.

Best,
PostJMT