Mt Russell (14,086') - 3 day backpack | High Sierra Topix  

Mt Russell (14,086') - 3 day backpack

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Postby Snow Nymph » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:55 pm

Trekker, :D :D :D My bottom was glued to the rock walls while SnowDude looked for the safest way to go. Then I would follow to where he was. So we both had time to take photos.

MiT, Thanks! The granite had good hand holds. I've just turned into a big chicken lately. :crybaby: I was like an overprotective mother with SnowDude . . . constantly telling him to 'be careful'. :\ It was fun class 3, but that exposure was just plain gnarly! :eek: Yes, we were on the north side of the ridge. Yes, it was a big accomplishment, after backing out 2 years ago. Feels good to get it, finally! \:D/ \:D/
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free . . . . Jim Morrison

http://snownymph.smugmug.com/

Snow Nymph
Founding Member

Experience: N/A

Postby ridgeline » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:25 am

Wanted to know the hiking time because I will be moving slow on this one, butt drag, scooting and wall hugging, hopefully not all at the same time. Ask Scott if he wants to lead again, dinner of his choice anywhere.
ridgeline
Founding Member

Postby wingding » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:19 am

I doubt if I'll be moving real fast along that ridge when I give it a try. I might go check out the route on the 9th of September and give Carillon a try.
wingding

Postby Shawn » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:08 pm

Another Wow! Snow Nymph. Great images from a great place. I too hope to get up there, unfortunately it's looking like next year. I always enjoy seeing your photos.
Shawn
Topix Expert

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Postby Kerstin » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:05 am

Wow! What a great trip report! Wonderful photos. Very inspiring! :D
Kerstin
Topix Acquainted

Previous

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping