111 Days In The Sierra

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
try
Founding Member
Experience: N/A

Re: 111 Days In The Sierra

Post by try »

I have really been looking forward to this, Rouge. I like your writing style, and since I have reached the ripe old age of 77 I have to do my backpacking through others. I appreciate the time it took for you to do this. I especially like the photo links throughout the narrative.
The hermit
Topix Regular

Post by The hermit »

Very poetic!don't stop, you can write a book! Ive ofen felt that you capture the high Sierra spirit like few others. Just like Larry I'd rather spend my life above treeline than die in bed.
austex
Topix Expert

Post by austex »

Rogue, Thanks for your efforts; very well done. Including the missing cords was brave to show we are all "human". I enjoyed it all. Keep it up to get us through the not so friendly winter season. :thumbsup:
oleander
Topix Expert

Post by oleander »

Looking forward to the next installment! Please don't stop writing.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Yeah I need to get on it with writing. Last year the biggest problem was it took me allot longer to finish the photos then the writing. But I am on week 11 with photos so if I can just get it written then it can be up soon.
ryboards
Topix Acquainted

Post by ryboards »

Great TR. I finished 95 Days a few weeks ago and am glad to see you got to your goal of over 100 days this season. Have you ever read any books by Paul Theroux? I have only read Paddling the Happy Isles of Oceania, but your treks remind me of that book. Your photos are also awesome. Nice work all around.
The mountains are calling and I must go.

~John Muir
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Nice job getting out for that long. Everyone always says "I wish I can do that" but it's simply not true. Almost anyone that can physically make the trip can do it but other things in their life are more important. And in most cases they should be.

Nope I haven't read any of those.
ryboards
Topix Acquainted

Post by ryboards »

Ahh Rouge. I was referring to reading about YOUR 95 days! :D I spent a total of 14 days in the Sierras last summer in 3 different trips. Like many of the fellow HST folks, I am reliving the magic of the Sierras through your TR's.
The mountains are calling and I must go.

~John Muir
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Post by RoguePhotonic »

Lol well maybe you will do 95 days in 2013 right? :D
Bluewater
Topix Expert

111 Days In The Sierra

Post by Bluewater »

Like many have already said; Many thanks for sharing the details of your trip. Your writing style and photos convey the feeling of the journey, "The mountains were the only real home I knew. . .". Looking forward to the next chapter.