Five SeKi Trip Reports for 2012

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
sekihiker
Founding Member
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Five SeKi Trip Reports for 2012

Post by sekihiker »

Recently, I sent an email to RoguePhotonic expressing my amazement at his hiking extravaganza of 2012. When he told me he had never visited my website, I realized that a lot of other hikers with this group may not know about it. I just posted my 50th trip report a couple of months ago. Please check out my website. I hope you find it interesting and helpful.
<http://www.sierrahiker.com/>
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Re: Five SeKi Trip Reports for 2012

Post by RoguePhotonic »

You should keep it in your signature like I do with my FlickR. Use the {url=***}name{/url} code.
Jimr
Forums Moderator
Forums Moderator

Post by Jimr »

A founding member with your first post. No wonder we don't know about it. I'll have a look-see.
If you don't know where you're going, then any path will get you there.
rlown
Topix Docent

Post by rlown »

Jimr wrote:A founding member with your first post. No wonder we don't know about it. I'll have a look-see.
Interesting story behind the "founding member" moniker.. Guess there was a site corruption in '05 or '06. Eric converted everyone existing at that time to "founding member" status.. There is a thread somewhere that talked about that.

Anyway.. back to your regular programming..

russ
TehipiteTom
Founding Member

Post by TehipiteTom »

sekihiker wrote:Recently, I sent an email to RoguePhotonic expressing my amazement at his hiking extravaganza of 2012. When he told me he had never visited my website, I realized that a lot of other hikers with this group may not know about it. I just posted my 50th trip report a couple of months ago. Please check out my website. I hope you find it interesting and helpful.
<http://www.sierrahiker.com/>
Good stuff, Bill!

For those who aren't already familiar with the site, Bill has an extensive collection of high Sierra trip reports going back more than a decade. Lots of excellent information there...or just great browsing, if you have time to kill. JoeBob says check it out.
LMBSGV
Topix Fanatic

Post by LMBSGV »

Agree. When I'm planning a trip, I always go to Bill's site as one of my references.
I don’t need a goal destination. I need a destination that meets my goals.

http://laurencebrauer.com
Electra
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Post by Electra »

Hi Bill, it's been a long time! Keep up the great work on your site and may our paths cross soon....
Dan Braun
Camp Navarro, Evergreen Lodge & SYMG
Jim F
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Post by Jim F »

Bill,

For a number of years I have found your website a great source of information. Thanks.

My daughter and I hiked the HST (High Sierra Trail) August 5-8 this year. Apparently we were just ahead of you. Your August 8-13 Trip Report of the HST/Nine Lakes Basin is appreciated.We bypassed a proposed ascent of Mount Kaweah due to lightning. We were glad when we made it over the Whitney side August 7-8 due to the poor weather.

Again, thanks for your excellent Trip Reports. We look forward to many more.

Jim F
sparky
Topix Fanatic

Post by sparky »

I found your website a couple years ago. A picture of yours of the upper cliff creek lakes inspired a trip i did in 2010
Ska-T
Topix Regular

Post by Ska-T »

My friend and I have a standing joke about the duration of Bill's trips. When planning on repeating one of his trips, we multiply the time it took him by a factor of 2. :lol: