Five SeKi Trip Reports for 2012 | High Sierra Topix  

Five SeKi Trip Reports for 2012

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!

Five SeKi Trip Reports for 2012

Postby sekihiker » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:44 pm

Recently, I sent an email to RoguePhotonic expressing my amazement at his hiking extravaganza of 2012. When he told me he had never visited my website, I realized that a lot of other hikers with this group may not know about it. I just posted my 50th trip report a couple of months ago. Please check out my website. I hope you find it interesting and helpful.
<http://www.sierrahiker.com/>

sekihiker
Founding Member

Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: Five SeKi Trip Reports for 2012

Postby RoguePhotonic » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:00 pm

You should keep it in your signature like I do with my FlickR. Use the {url=***}name{/url} code.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic

Postby Jimr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:04 pm

A founding member with your first post. No wonder we don't know about it. I'll have a look-see.
What?!
Jimr
Topix Fanatic

Postby rlown » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Jimr wrote:A founding member with your first post. No wonder we don't know about it. I'll have a look-see.

Interesting story behind the "founding member" moniker.. Guess there was a site corruption in '05 or '06. Eric converted everyone existing at that time to "founding member" status.. There is a thread somewhere that talked about that.

Anyway.. back to your regular programming..

russ
rlown
Topix Junkie

Postby TehipiteTom » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:42 am

sekihiker wrote:Recently, I sent an email to RoguePhotonic expressing my amazement at his hiking extravaganza of 2012. When he told me he had never visited my website, I realized that a lot of other hikers with this group may not know about it. I just posted my 50th trip report a couple of months ago. Please check out my website. I hope you find it interesting and helpful.
<http://www.sierrahiker.com/>

Good stuff, Bill!

For those who aren't already familiar with the site, Bill has an extensive collection of high Sierra trip reports going back more than a decade. Lots of excellent information there...or just great browsing, if you have time to kill. JoeBob says check it out.
TehipiteTom
Founding Member

Postby LMBSGV » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:30 pm

Agree. When I'm planning a trip, I always go to Bill's site as one of my references.
LMBSGV
Topix Expert

Postby Electra » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Bill, it's been a long time! Keep up the great work on your site and may our paths cross soon....
Dan Braun
Evergreen Lodge & SYMG
Electra
Topix Acquainted

Experience: N/A

Postby Jim F » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:20 pm

Bill,

For a number of years I have found your website a great source of information. Thanks.

My daughter and I hiked the HST (High Sierra Trail) August 5-8 this year. Apparently we were just ahead of you. Your August 8-13 Trip Report of the HST/Nine Lakes Basin is appreciated.We bypassed a proposed ascent of Mount Kaweah due to lightning. We were glad when we made it over the Whitney side August 7-8 due to the poor weather.

Again, thanks for your excellent Trip Reports. We look forward to many more.

Jim F
Jim F
Topix Acquainted

Postby sparky » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:02 am

I found your website a couple years ago. A picture of yours of the upper cliff creek lakes inspired a trip i did in 2010
There is a million ways to be human, all are worthwhile.

True happiness is the absence of striving for happiness.
-Chuang Tzu.
sparky
Topix Expert

Postby Ska-T » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:28 pm

My friend and I have a standing joke about the duration of Bill's trips. When planning on repeating one of his trips, we multiply the time it took him by a factor of 2. :lol:
Ska-T
Topix Regular

Postby sekihiker » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Ska-T wrote:My friend and I have a standing joke about the duration of Bill's trips. When planning on repeating one of his trips, we multiply the time it took him by a factor of 2. :lol:

I have to do the same thing when I'm planning a trip now that I'm not in shape for running marathons. I multiply by a factor of two or even three.

There are so many hikers and climbers these days that make my efforts back in the day look pretty lame. For instance, it makes me feel tired just to READ one of Bob Burd's trip reports.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. I've always written it as I've seen it, with hopes that others might be inspired to go a little beyond their comfort range and visit some areas that they might not have considered otherwise.
sekihiker
Founding Member

Postby vandman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:05 pm

I discovered your site back in 2006 and reference it often. Thanks for blazing the cyber trail!
vandman
Topix Regular

Return to Backpacking / Hiking / Camping