TR: Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
rlown
Topix Docent
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Re: TR: Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col

Post by rlown »

the limit is per post.. not per thread.. you can break up your TR into different posts (eg, days) and post more..

And still, a Very respectable TR..
whrdafamI?
Topix Regular
Experience: N/A

Re: TR: Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col

Post by whrdafamI? »

Interesting shots of the Darwin Bench. The 2 times I have been through there I never saw "sandy beaches" as the shore line was mostly snow bound. Out of curiosity what are your ages? I would like to do a trail like that but doubt I could knock it out as quick as you were able to.
Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it!

Get busy living or get busy dying.
Bluewater
Topix Expert
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

TR: Loop Around Mt. Darwin via Haeckel Col & Darwin Col

Post by Bluewater »

Thanks for the tr format suggestion rlown. The one post for each day makes more sense:)

Thanks Bill. I was 43 although I just turned 44 today. Donn was celebrating his 60th b day when I met him a few weeks prior. His exercise routine puts me to shame. He runs twice/week and does weight training 2 - 3 days/week.

Although I like to go faster on trails he is in his element while climbing. He carries a heavier pack and I'm just 20 lbs heavier, so it seems to even out. . .