Ladder Lake to Ionian (Now with TR)

If you've been searching for the best source of information and stimulating discussion related to Spring/Summer/Fall backpacking, hiking and camping in the Sierra Nevada...look no further!
Coops
Topix Acquainted
Experience: N/A

Re: Ladder Lake to Ionian (Now with TR)

Post by Coops »

It topped out below that pile of burnt red, on its western side. If we're talking about the same rocks....a few different ways to skin that cat, if you know what I mean.
RoguePhotonic
Topix Fanatic
Experience: Level 4 Explorer

Post by RoguePhotonic »

I forgot to mention the crash you asked about. That crash is in Hester Lake on the North Eastern shore. I don't think that lake higher up even has fish in it let alone an airplane lol.
SandStorm
Topix Acquainted

Post by SandStorm »

This is a fantastic report. Many thanks. And thanks for the added insights, Mr. Photonic.
DoyleWDonehoo
Founding Member

Post by DoyleWDonehoo »

Coops: "We both found Ladder Lake to be really nice and found the only decent camp spots on the southwest side. "
I have heard some say there was some fair camping in the grove of trees on the NE side, SE of the outlet, though most seem to camp on the SW side. Did you check that out? Just wondering. I would like to see a map route from the river up to Ladder Lake. At one time there was a horse trail to Ladder Lake: did you see any trace of that? Thanks! Nice report.
Doyle W. Donehoo
Sierra Trails:
http://www.doylewdonehoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LightRanger
Topix Acquainted

Post by LightRanger »

Heh. I left Wanda Lake at noon to try Goddard from that same direction two summers ago. Turned around at the same spot. :)

My buddies skied off the summit on a S-N Evolution Traverse in May 2011. That's the right way to do Goddard.

Typed with my opposable thumbs